- Basically Designed For a single application.
- Deployed in the source form (.ascx) along with the source code of the application.
- If the same control needs to be used in more than one application, it introduces redundancy and maintenance problems.
- Designed so that it can be used by more than one application.
- Deployed either in the application's Bin directory or in the global assembly cache.
- Distributed easily and without problems associated with redundancy and maintenance.
- Creation is similar to the way Web Forms pages are created; well-suited for rapid application development (RAD).
- Much better in cases where static contents are more than logic.